Interested in becoming a Volunteer for UMWPR ?
Please read about some of the ways you can help the UMWPR or how to become a volunteer.
As a UMWPR volunteer, you will be involved in many different activities. Some of the things you can do are:
- Establish good working relationships with local animal shelters, humane societies or other animal agencies in your area. This will help ensure they will know who to contact locally if they have a Pug in need of our help.
- Establish relationships with local veterinarians, groomers, and other dog-minded people so that once again, they’ll call you when they learn of a Pug needing rescue. Should you be made aware of any Pug in need, whether it is a surrender by a private party or one in a shelter, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 613.558.7070 immediately for further advice & instructions.
- Foster rescue Pug until a new home can be found.
If you are interested, please complete our Foster Application
- Help transport rescue Pugs to new homes, help bring dogs from shelters, bring rescue dogs to their foster home or help foster homes who do not have a vehicle by taking the dog to vet appointments, etc
- Assist with fundraising. We all have something to offer so even if you can’t help ‘hands on’ with a dog, you can still use your talents & skills elsewhere.
- Help with veterinary reference checks & home visits following the guidelines we provide for you.
- Write articles for our website or Facebook page and assist us with our social media websites.
- Request free public announcement ads in your local newspapers and put up UMWPR posters and notices in public places, vet clinics, dog grooming salons, etc.
- Help support a new adoptive home by counselling them with any issues they may come across, offer to do a post-placement check-in. etc. …..and more.If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, please fill out our convenient online Foster or Volunteer Application form below. Once received, it will be forwarded to our Volunteer Coordinator who will contact you as soon as possible to begin the approval process.
- You don’t have to do all the above, these are just some of the areas that we could need help with. Once you are approved as a volunteer, you will receive a detailed welcome package containing all the UMWPR information you need.
* Required fields